E-mail : msrraoiitm [dot] ac [dot] in
Current research and funding
Nanomaterials, Nanostructured thin films: Electronic, optical and
magnetic properties: Magnetic nanoparticles and magnetic tunnel junctions, spintronics,
nanocrystalline diamond coatings for wear-resistance and bio-medical applications, superconductivity in diamond, nano-ink based CIGS/CZTS photovoltaics, oxygen diffusion in nano-oxides, PZT films for power harvesting, ZnO nanostructures and quantum structures for light emission, IGZO and graphene-ZnO interfaces for TFT and tenability in optical pumping.
- Publications: 154 (in international journals), 130 papers presented in national and intl. conferences.
- Patents: 10 US patents and 4 technology transfers
- Carbon-based Nanoscience and Nanotechnology: Where are we, where are we heading?J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 43 (2010) 37030. doi: 10.1088/0022-3727/43/37/370301.
- Three decades of scanning tunnelling microscopy that changed the course of surface science. J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 44 (2011) 460301. doi: 10.1088/0022-3727/44/46/460301.
- 25 years of pulsed laser deposition. J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 47 (2014) 030301doi: 10.1088/0022-3727/47/3030301.
- 100 years of crystallography: new dimensions offered by large scale facilities.doi: 10.1088/0022-3727/48/50/500301
Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, Germany; JSPS fellow, Japan; DST Young Scientist project; Supervised the B.Tech. project that received INEA best project award (national); Guide to the research paper that received TVS best paper award; Hostel blues for excellence in academics and sports at IIT Kharagpur; 1st Place Mentor Award, University of Maryland, USA;
Certificate of recognition for excellent achievements in Science education outreach in 2004-’05, University of Maryland (UMD)–MRSEC (Materials Research Science and Engineering Centre), UMCP, USA; Guided the best thesis in Physics department (2009); DAAD STAR Professor award fellowship, Germany (2010).