- Non-European and European students are welcome to apply to the Mamaself Master
- Important information for application !
- Tuition fees
- EACEA information
- Selection procedure
Non-European and European students are welcome to apply to the Mamaself Master
Students must have
- A Bachelor (180 ECTS) in Materials Science or related disciplines : Chemistry, Physics, Geo-science,…
- Proof of good English competencies, e.g. TOEFL CBT 230 and PBT 550 IBT 80 / IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, except for applicants native from English speaking countries and for students having been educated in English at secondary or/and university. Students who intend to have a mobility at TUM must have following level for admission at TUM : TOEFL IBT 88, CBT 234/ PBT 605
Students must apply online on the Mamaself application site:
- Fill the online form
- Add the requested documents
- English level certificate
- Bachelor degree (or certificate of third Bachelor year)
- Letters of recommendation
Important information for application !
- My Mamaself application steps:
- Read the admission requirements, list of necessary documents and deadlines
- Make a list of documents I need to prepare
- Register for English test (if I don’t have a valid one)
- Have my diploma translated and officially certified
- Fill in the application form online
- Ask relevant persons for recommendation letters
- Write a motivation letter
- Make certified translated copies of the transcripts
- Check once again that I include all the required documents
- Submit the online application
Please also refer to the complete details of the Mamaself application process on the Mamaself application site.
- DOCUMENTS TO PROVIDE
- Letters of recommendation
How many letters of recommmendation ?
The minimum is two, but you may submit three if you wish.
Letters of recommendation are submitted electronically through the application site.
There is no particular format for reference letters, but the letters wwill be preferably written on letterhead paper.
Students will fill the part dedicated to reference professors on the application form. The recommendation letter will be uploaded by the reference professor directly.
- Proof of proficiency in English language
All applicants are required to prove their proficiency in the English language. Applicants can prove proficiency in English by meeting one of the following conditions before enrolling:
- English as a native language
- TOEFL – Minimum score: 230 (computer based), 80 (internet based), or 550 (paper based)
- IELTS – Minimum score: 6.5
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – Minimum score: C
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies. The student must have studied in classes taught in English : provide a certificate.
- Bachelor degree
The Mamaself tuition fees amount is 6000 € / year for Non-Eu students and 3000 € for EU students.
Tuition fees must be paid each year befor 30 June for Master 1, before 30 August for Master 2.
These fees include the whole program, there are no other fees to pay at each Consortium university.
The tuition fees also include :
- the language course at each site (French, German, Italian)
- the integration week activities
- the summerschool
- the status meeting (except travel)
- the insurance worldwide
Candidates/Applicants who are selected in the Master program are informed that their data may be used for the purposes of evaluating the programmes, efficiently manage the projects, and producing statistics. Data could be made available to the EACEA, the European Commission, the European External Action Service staff, as well as to other stakeholders of the Erasmus+ programme, such as Erasmus+ National Agencies, National Erasmus+ Offices and the Erasmus Mundus Student and Alumni Association.
All applications will be evaluated firstly by the professors and experts of the Mamaself consortium.
Then, by mid February, the consortium selection comittee will meet in Munich and finalize the evaluation and ranking of the eligible applications. A ranking will be done on basis of the criteria mentionned : academic level, University of last degree, English proficiency, motivation, reference letters.
Within the eligible candidates selected, the consortium will award scholarships for mobility on basis of the score obtained in the selection ranking.
The result of each application will be published on the Mamaself application site. The result for Non-European students will be published by mid March and the result for European students will be published by mid April.