Non-European and European students are welcome to apply to the Mamaself Master
Students must have
A Bachelor (180 ECTS) in Materials Science or related disciplines : Chemistry, Physics, Geo-science,…
Proof of good English competencies, certificates accepted: see below.
- Non-European students : 5 February 2024
- European students : 20 March 2024
- Applications without scholarship : 15 May 2024
Students must apply online on the Mamaself application site
- Fill the form
- Add the requested documents
- English level certificate
- Bachelor degree (or certificate of third Bachelor year)
- Letters of recommendation
Important information for application !
- Required background
- Letters of recommendation
If your professor did not receive the automatic email for sending the recommendation letter, maybe it is in the SPAM of your professors e-mail box. Please ask him/ her to check.
In a second time, student can resend the mail from his own account to send the automtic mail with link to the professor again.
In a third time, eventually, the Professor can send the letter to Ch Cloarec. We do not advise this last solution, as it is possible that a reference letter in that context can get lost. The secured way is that your reference professor will upload the letter directly to your application file.
- DOCUMENTS TO PROVIDE
- English level
- AT UR, UM, UniTO and AMU:
- Internet based Test (iBT): 80.Only the Test Date Score is valid (MyBest Score will not be accepted).
- iBT Home Edition: 80. Only the Test Date Score is valid (MyBest Score will not be accepted)
- AT LMU and TUM:
- Internet based Test (iBT): 88. Only the Test Date Score is valid (MyBest Score will not be accepted).
- iBT Home Edition: 88. Only the Test Date Score is valid (MyBest Score will not be accepted)
- IELTS Academic with a minimum overall band score of 6.5.
- IELTS indicator with a minimum overall band score of 6.5.
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced English), Grades A, B, C
- CPE (Cambridge Proficiency English), Grades A, B, C
CECR (Common European Framework of Reference)
The CECR, will be accepted at University of Rennes, University of Montpellier and University of Torino, level B2, C1 or C2.
ENGLISH AS A MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
If your education in your country was in English, then please provide a certificate from your University confirming it this document will be compulsory if the student does not provide an accepted English test). In that case, the language of instruction needs to have been English in at least 50% of the program, during at least one year.
- Bachelor degree
The Mamaself tuition fees amount is 6000 € /year for Non-Eu students and 3000 €/year for EU students.
Tuition fees must be paid each year before June 30th for Master 1, before August 30th for Master 2.
These fees include the whole program, there are no other fees to pay at each Consortium university.
The tuition fees also include :
- the language course at each site (French, German, Italian, Polish)
- the integration week activities
- the summerschool
- the status meeting (including hotel and meals, except travel)
- the insurance worldwide (health, accident, liability, accommodation insurance)
Candidates/Applicants who are selected in the Master program are informed that their data may be used for the purposes of evaluating the programmes, efficiently manage the projects, and producing statistics. Data could be made available to the EACEA, the European Commission, the European External Action Service staff, as well as to other stakeholders of the Erasmus+ programme, such as Erasmus+ National Agencies, National Erasmus+ Offices and the Erasmus Mundus Student and Alumni Association.
All applications will be evaluated firstly by the professors and experts of the Mamaself consortium.
Then, by mid February, the consortium selection comittee will meet in Munich and finalize the evaluation and ranking of the eligible applications. A ranking will be done on basis of the criteria mentionned : academic level, University of last degree, English proficiency, motivation, reference letters.
Within the eligible candidates selected, the consortium will award scholarships for mobility on basis of the score obtained in the selection ranking.
The result of each application will be published on the Mamaself application site. The result for Non-European students will be published by mid March and the result for European students will be published by mid April.
Students who are selected by the Mamaself selection comittee can attend the Master. Students can choose their institution in the application form. The choice for the second year is only indicative : students will be asked again during the first year.
Please notice that TUM has specific registration criteria : To get admission at TUM Physics department you must hold a degree that is comparable to the Physics Bachelor at TUM (see https://www.ph.tum.de/academics/bsc/ ; special attention is payed to the theoretical physics, the condensed matter physics, the nuclear and particle physics and a thesis). Please also upload course descriptions in your application.